Saturday, August 8, 2015

Our First Week In The Pod

It's been a little over a week since we closed on our house and moved into our Airstream. I know we're still in the honeymoon phase, but what we do know for sure already is that we LOVE this life. We rented a storage space in order to hold on to a few essentials just in case we hated it, but it wasn't even 24 hours before we were both like, 'Yep, this is awesome, let's sell everything in storage ASAP." We were scared to death to tow and park for real for the first time, and worried about handling our first hook ups, etc., at an RV park, but luckily everything has been smooth sailing so far. Patrick is my hero - I'm not sure what it is that he can't do - I certainly couldn't drive a Ford F-250, let alone tow and park an Airstream, even our little Bambi. I seriously am hit and miss just trying to parallel park my little Smart car. I'm usually still about a mile away from the curb when I'm done, but fortunately it doesn't matter because the car is so small. Patrick says I'll be driving the truck and towing and parking the Pod in no time. We'll see. We've spent the past week feeling like we are on vacation, semi-retired, and reliving our childhood all at the same time. Already sitting at the computer and working or blogging is becoming a chore to be accomplished as quickly as possible so that we can go play. I don't know when I've ever been this happy. I feel like I am really living for the first time in a long time. I am truly present for this - my head is usually in the future or the past, but not now. We have a lot to learn, and there will be many obstacles and difficulties ahead, but I have never felt so hopeful and optimistic about the future in my life. I am a kid again, with all the best parts of childhood to start the day with - joy, wonder, curiosity, and contentment. To live in this state is such a gift. Sometimes I feel guilty because I think we have had more good fortune than we deserve somehow, to be in this place in life. I am truly grateful for it, and will strive to be worthy of it. - Kimberly Saunders

The Pod's first camp site at an RV Park in Missouri. We can't wait to be ready to spend most of our time boon docking in beautiful places. RV parks are comfortable, but we look forward to being on our own.


I couldn't resist taking a photograph the first time I plopped this down outside the Pod's door. Adventure time baby!


I knew Patrick Saunders was enjoying this new life as much as I am when he drew his brows on  the dry erase board in the Pod.


We experienced our first rainfall in the Pod this morning. The sound of a soft rain falling on the Airstream while we sipped our morning coffee was blissful.

No comments:

Post a Comment