Monday, August 24, 2015

My New Toy - The Breathing Mobile Washer



I discovered this nifty device thanks to a full-time RVer blog - sorry, I can't remember which one, otherwise I'd give you credit for it. Patrick and I are lucky to have so many great RV blogs to follow and learn from.

The Breathing Mobile Washer is inexpensive and easy to use, and actually works quite well. It's kinda fun too - love the sound and churning of the water. Our first campsite is an RV park, where we are learning how our Bambi works, and what our water and power consumption needs are, so we have laundry facilities here, but I decided to order the washer and give it a test run anyway in anticipation of future boon docking. I was thrilled with the results, and am actually going to use this washer as much as I can right away, because, no offense to our current park's laundry facilities, and to laundromats in general, but these places have always kind of skeeved me out. They are almost never as clean as I would like, and the machines are sometimes grimy. Washing machine agitators covered in gray slime and dryers with full lint trays from someone else's load make me crazy, pushing every anal retentive button I have. The man who just bought our townhouse is a lucky guy, because he has the cleanest washer and dryer in town - I actually made Patrick take the washer apart and clean the drum occasionally, and flush out the dryer vent as well. I also vacuumed out my own lint tray and the whole dryer several times a week. You are welcome sir, whoever you are. Enjoy. Yes, I'm a clean freak. And this little mobile washer and a drying rack will keep me out of icky laundromats. Yay.

By the way, most RV parks have rules against doing or drying laundry at your campsite, because they want you to use their facilities, but this park is pretty laid back, so I don't think it will be a problem. And if the park manager calls me out on it, then I'll just have to show him what he'll need to do to bring the laundry room up to my standards of clean so that I can use it more often, and there is no way that's gonna happen. Because I am a Jedi Master Cleaner, people. NO ONE can touch me on this. Just ask my husband. - Kimberly Saunders


video



4 comments:

  1. Kimberly where did you get this? I am with ya on those public laundry facilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy, I bought ours online via Amazon. If you buy one make sure to pick one that comes with the handle - the blue washer itself is sold as a replacement part, so it's all too easy to select one that doesn't actually come with the handle included. Make sure your selection specifies that the handle is part of the package. I also bought a metal drying rack online that is about five feet tall but that can still fit inside the Bambi if necessary, depending on where we are - I have found that I can fit close to a full load of laundry on a taller rack. If you get a washer let me know what you think - I'm just fascinated by how it's able to agitate the water just as well as a machine. Having dried my first load on the new rack, I will probably try to find an eco friendly fabric softener to add to the wash, since air dried clothes are stiffer than those that come out of a dryer, but I can't say enough good things about this little washer.

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of churning butter :-). Enjoy your adventure! - Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a neat invention, I think I will look into it for when I go camping to cut down on clothing I pack. I agree that laundry facilities in camping/rv grounds are absolutely disgusting and full of muck from other peoples dirty laundry and tend to pack more clothing so I do not have to use them.

    Rolando Ramirez @ Aardvark Dryer Vent

    ReplyDelete